Thank you to everyone who responded to our poll. We received a lot of good input from you! Most people want to play so we're going to target starting the house leagues after we get to Phase 4. Right now, Phase 4 is targeted for June 26th. The exception is our Challenger League. We're going to wait a little bit longer to see how conditions evolve before making decisions about the Challenger season.
The Board is meeting this week to discuss the mechanics of restarting the leagues, how to confirm who is playing and who is not, and the structure of the season. We hope to have all of that information for you early next week.
We do anticipate there will be some requirements from the State of Illinois to play in Phase 4 but, at this time, we do not believe it will alter the game on the field. As a reference, here is a link to the requirements put out by the State regarding youth sports in Phase 3 (where we are at currently):
We do not know what the requirements for Phase 4 will be as of yet.
For those uncomfortable playing or those who are unable to play because of the shifted schedule, we will be sending out our amended refund policy next week also.
We're hoping all goes well in Phase 3 and everyone is healthy, primarily for your welfare with a bonus of moving towards playing ball again! We continue to monitor many sources of information so we can react as quickly as we can if conditions change.
Please take care of yourselves!
If you have any questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tag(s): Board Sponsors Softball Baseball Tyro League Junior League Intermediate League Filly League Rookie League Tyro League Minor League Major League Pony League Colt League Umpire Information Bear Claw Tournament Clinics Cougars Travel Desire to Improve Travel Lightning Travel Part Time Travel Rookie League Challenger